Well, with a post title like that, who wouldn't drop what they're doing to read it?
But seriously, folks...
I'm in my 2nd semester of VSU's MLIS program. I was excited by the prospect of a library and technology applications class, as it's an area that interests me a great deal. I actually have a BS in Information Systems, so I'm pretty comfortable with the application of technology to solve problems, improve efficiencies and allow new things to happen.
In spite of my comfort level, I don't know that I'd be considered an early adopter. Other than being the first on the block to own a PC, and much later a DVD player, I usually wait until the kinks get worked out and the prices drop. My wife actually got an iPod before me, and I'm the music freak.
In terms of some Web 2.0 apps, I started blogging (sort of) in 2005. If a Blog is place where you post daily or weekly, regardless of whether you have anything to say, then I don't have a blog. If a blog can also be a place to post writings for a small audience, on an irregular basis, on a variety of subjects - things that you wrote only because you felt compelled to write them - (and had no other place to put them), then I have a couple of blogs. Both blogs are written under the pseudonym Graham Negative.
The first of these, "Segues and Non Sequiturs", was started as an exercise in 2005 when I was about to change careers, moving from a webmaster position to a job as a marketing writer for a non-profit organization. I felt like I needed to get the right side of the brain working again, and "Segues and Non Sequiturs" was my sandbox.
More recently, December of 2009 to be precise, I decided to see if a different blogging community might compel me to write a bit more often. And it might have... if I hadn't enrolled in school. Alas! "The Safe Folds of Cheerful Oblivion" is my second blog site, and I plan to eventually move most of the material from my previous blog to a new home here, interspersing it with new material as it leaks out of my keyboard.
Tuesday, May 18, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment